Wild West Irish Pilgrimage
Wild West Irish Tours invites you to join us as we connect with Celtic spirituality, tradition and folklore by following the footsteps of our ancestors and exploring sacred places in this very special small group tour. This experience will bring you to W.B. Yeats’ “Land of Heart’s Desire” in the Sligo/Leitrim region of Ireland, to sacred places from County Mayo, Connemara and Galway to the Burren/Coastal region of County Clare.
Join us in 2017 and explore the traditions and rituals of the four Celtic seasons (Samhain, Imbolc, Bealtine and Lughnasa) and the connection between Celtic spirituality and the four elements of Earth, Water, Air and Fire.
This Pilgrimage includes music; dance; poetry; group and solitary nature walks; visits to sacred Celtic places; opportunities to participate in yoga and mediation; and explorations of artistic expression in a nurturing environment. We visit places from our Wild West Irish Tours itinerary, and journey to places that are seldom seen and mystical. As always, our group will consist of no more than 8 pilgrims/travelers, and we will stay in 4-star B&B-style accommodations. We are guided by local men and women who have a strong connection to and knowledge of Celtic spirituality, traditional wisdom, the landscape, history, archaeology and folklore.
Meet this local Celtic legend and Myth-keeper on the Pilgrimage:
As a potential pilgrim, you may experience the following before departing on a pilgrimage:
- A longing or yearning to participate in/make a journey with a deep purpose.
- A call to do something different and to set about preparing for the challenge required to answer that call. (The call may have its origin in a dream.)
- A setting out on the journey, having done the necessary planning to make the pilgrimage happen (both spiritual and logistic – travel, accommodation, preparation, and a decision on what gifts the pilgrim wishes to bring and leave at the pilgrimage destinations.)
- An acceptance that the pilgrimage may bring the pilgrim on an unpredictable path that will be followed regardless, without complaint.
- An anticipation of their arrival at the destinations of their pilgrimage (what it will mean personally to them to have answered the call and reached their destination)
- A consideration of what benefits/fruits the pilgrimage will have for them.
Walk this path on your own Pilgrimage…
Dates in 2017 for the Wild West Irish Pilgrimage include:
- May 1 – May 9th, 2017
- August 3 – August 11, 2017
- October 25 – Nov 2, 2017
We only offer a few of these tours, so availability is limited. To book your 2017 tour, click here.
For specifics about the tour itinerary, please contact Wild West Irish Tours at email@example.com or phone us in the U.S. at 804-918-7060.